Boiler controls - unwiring the jargon
A new CIBSE-accredited CPD seminar to help you understand control terminology and how best to setup your boilers for highest efficiency and performance.
What will be covered?
This CIBSE-accredited CPD seminar is all about controls. We explain the jargon that is often used and look at how boilers can be setup for maximum efficiency.
Topics covered include:
- Why are controls important?
- How electricity works
- How to control a boiler
- Internal/external controls
- Volt free contacts
- 0-10v control
- Multiple boiler controls – cascade vs unison
- Comfort and efficiency controls
- Domestic hot water (DHW) controls
Who should attend?
If you’re involved in hot water and heating system design and installation in commercial buildings then this CPD is for you. Consultants, contractors and those responsible for heating & DHW specification would all benefit from attending.
What are the benefits of attending?
- Learn the jargon used in controls – VFC, 0-10V, OHMS and more
- Understand why control setup is important for best efficiency
- Improve your knowledge of different boiler control methods
- Evaluate the pros and cons of cascade and unison control
- Learn about comfort and efficiency controls
- Hamworthy CPDs count towards a CIBSE members annual CPD hours
- You’ll get a certificate of attendance and summary of extra related reading
- Chance to discuss related industry topics with our presenter.
Who delivers the CPD?
Hamworthy Heating is a leading British commercial boiler manufacturer and supplier of heating, hot water and renewable energy solutions. Hamworthy CPD seminars are free to attend and delivered by highly experienced and qualified HVAC professionals.
They can be presented in 1-2 hours online or at your own premises.