CPD Best practice domestic hot water
Free CIBSE-accredited CPD training for you and your colleagues
What will be covered?
This CIBSE accredited CPD course looks at Domestic Hot Water (DHW) in commercial applications. As this is such a vast topic we have split this over 3modules:
- Part 1: DHW Design Overview - An overview of commercial DHW systems and the key points to consider when designing a DHW system to ensure sufficient hot water is produced.
- Part 2: Practical DHW Solutions - A look at the key terminology, whilst also learning about different system and equipment types used in DHW production and storage.
- Part 1: DHW Safety and Water Treatment - Discover the potential problems associated with DHW generation and what precautions you can take to avoid them.
- Part 2: DHW Legislation and Incentives - A summary of the current and pending UK and EU legislation that affects DHW, including ErP and Building Regulations Part L2. This module also looks at the financial schemes available to encourage the use of more efficient DHW systems.
- DHW Sizing - An overview of what to consider when sizing a DHW system including some example calculations to estimate the DHW load profile of a building before considering how to make suitable appliance selections to match the loads, and the pros and cons of these solutions.
In most cases we would recommend that a typical CPD seminar would include 1 module depending on your needs and available time. We can also offer all 3 modules as a half day course, whereas a tailored option could be delivered in 60-90 minutes.
Who should attend?This CPD training is suitable for anyone involved in the management of hot water in commercial buildings, including consultants, contractors and specifiers. The content is of value to both those new to DHW and those more experienced, by choosing the modules suited to your individual needs.
What are the benefits of attending?
- Discover the key considerations to ensure the system design can produce sufficient hot water
- Find out how legislation such as ErP impacts your product selection
- Master how to size for different sectors and load demands. You’ll even learn a useful sizing formula to help you accurately estimate the peak load requirements
- Get up to date with DHW terminology
- Understand the key differences and benefits between direct and indirect fired appliances
- Increase your awareness of safety and quality issues, such as scale and Legionella
- Hamworthy CPDs count towards CIBSE members annual CPD hours.
What do previous attendees say about the CPD?
Don’t just take our word for it. We’ve had some fantastic feedback from delegates that have attended this CPD.
“Very informative presentation, covered in a clear and concise way.” - Dominic Horne, Applied Energy
“An excellent course, well delivered and easy to understand.” - Dave Saunders, SRWES (Skanska)
Who delivers the CPD?
Hamworthy Heating is a leading British commercial boiler manufacturer and supplier of heating, hot water and renewable energy solutions. Hamworthy CPD seminars are free to attend and the hot water CPD is delivered by our Business Development Manager for Hot Water, Kevin, who has over 32 years’ experience in the sector. We’ll deliver the CPD course at your own premises and even provide the lunch.